Friday 28 September 2012

Knit crazy

Today is Friday 28/9/12 and I have Bachs Concerto for Harpsichord and String in F Minor playing while I type.
I have a lot to say today.
First the podcasts I listen to are called Knitting Brooklyn, 2 Knit Lit Chicks,  and Robinznest.
Knitting Brooklyn is by a lady called Jessica, she's just great, I'm taking part in her festive swap, basically you knit, crochet, sew etc something your swap buddy would like to receive as a gift in the holiday season. Nothing specific other than say coasters as a description. Then you send it off with a little goody to your swap buddy. I think it's a lovely idea.
2 Knit Lit Chicks last episode was good too, although i tried to get into crime novels when i was a teen and just not my cup of tea, give me romance (clean) or historical drama any day. I am taking part in their shawl KAL. My yarn for it however was still in Phoenix, AZ this morning when i tracked it. I'll just have to catch up i guess. Oh well, gives me time to knit a hat or two for Hats for Halo. They need people to knit hats for people going through chemo. As although i'm not going through Chemo, my hairloss is approx 60% now. I daren't not wear a hat. Undiagnosed reasons.
Robinznest hasn't podcast again yet, :-(

My health is still deteriorating, I must admit i'm finding it harder to cope each day, I am gradually being shut out by my family. It's not intentional on their part obviously, but when you can't play, eat, bath and smile with your family as expected it kinda happens. It's just as hard for them my being ill all the time. I used to be healthy and fun and loved being a mummy. After my youngest was born in 2009 my health started struggling. M.E, Fibromyalgia, CFS, IBS, Nausea, Chronic constipation, food allergies, Asthma, Renaulds disease, Oedema and then last Christmas day i almost passed out. I had a blocked intestine. I dramatically lost weight over two weeks asI was so ill. 2 stone / 28lbs / 11kgs. Over the last six months i have managed to gain around 5kg, but I'm still tiny and feel very frail. I only weigh 44 Kg now. My chill blains are excruciating at the moment, at last count i have 27 on my hands alone. The latest is my consultant wants to put me out and introduce a dye directly into my small intestine, bring me round, then wait a few hours and do a CT. Let's pray it shows up what's wrong.

Happy Place Time, Knitting Projects
 I invested in some Addi Click Lace needles. I Love them. I used them for a shawl and you'd think the join would snag the yarn but nope, smooth as satin.
Niamhs mittens are done now, I did the cuffs a different colour to the main body.

 
Janes Shawl is the Mini Mochi Shawlette on Ravelry, I finished the edging on that this morning. I really like how it looks.

Baby 4 x 4 Sweater is another pattern from Ravelry. You basically knit lots of squares diagonally and sewthem up to make a sweater. Very cute!

Daves Hat is now on the decreases so i'll take a photo when it's finished.

Niamhs socks are now 75% done, just the foot left of one, so a few hours left but close.

Niamhs Fairy is now finished, I have to stitch all the pieces together and stuff her but as it's for Christmas I have a while yet.

Preggers  is the top I've started for my friend for Christmas, From my pet name for it you can tell it's a maternity top. Except I've added beading to it as she love them. This top when finished is suitable for maternity and afterwards. The beading will help it hang nicely.
 

Baby Booties are also being knitted as i have two pregnant friends.

Keiras Lacey Hat  is about a third done too now. It's so pretty!!! I can't wait to finish it and post a photo. It goes through various pale shades of pink and purple.

Finally Mermaid Tail is a pattern i wrote. I admit i was asking for grief when i was knitting it up. I chose to work with 1.25mm double point needles and crochet thread. It's for a popular doll every little girly girl has heard of. I've also designed one to be worn as an apron style for young girls. Both patterns will be written out on my next blog.

I hope everyone has a pleasant weekend and does something fun or creative. I will be knitting away in my garden under my gazebo as usual eating cake and crumpets.
Take care Elspeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be honest but gently so...