Monday 23 December 2013

Monday 23rd December 2013

Hi everyone,
I decided to write a blog post to make a change. I will be adding in random entries like today just to keep you all up to date on happenings and also because I've realised if I talk about everything on the podcast it will get crazy long. So anything not knitting or spinning or normal podcast will go here.
So, I did something incredible.
I managed to bake Kimberly's birthday cake...........
Just to put this into context, the last hot meal I ate was Christmas dinner 2011, the last thing I cooked in the oven was bread, about 18 months ago. So this is huge. I will show you, look:


See!!! Fab, I am very proud of myself for forcing myself to make it and test my symptoms, I got a really bad head, but no nausea or such which is what I was dreading. So Kim had a lovely day.

Then a couple of days ago, I was thinking I wanted to make something treaty to add to gifts and as small gifts for a couple of friends. So I made peppermint bark, fudge bark, strawberry lace teddy bears and peppermint and chocolate dipped marshmallows...... I can't eat them, however they are being very happily received by everyone.





Which brings me to today.
Today I wanted to bake Christmas biscuits, to see again if I could cope. Well blow me down, I have had so much fun and it didn't affect me one bit. Yipee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So what if I can't eat anything I've made over the last week. I love making things for others to enjoy and I always used to love cooking and baking. Here's to 2014 cooking more things cause I want to.

See you all tomorrow on the show, Take Care, Elly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be honest but gently so...