Tuesday 2 July 2013

Episode 3: Sparkles

Hi everyone, This week is full!!!

Apologies to Laura Linneman I said your hat was something different. It is the Nantucket!!!! I love it!

Niamh is very briefly appearing to show her knitting too!
Kimberly will be here talking about her squirrel we made together from Mollie Makes Magazine Issue 22.
Keira is still knitting on her purse and will be starting a dishcloth pattern by Deb Buckingham this week. She is using more of her own stash!!!

Finished:
My Firefly Nantucket Hat. Pattern by Laura Linneman

WIP's:
My 32nd Birthday Sweater, by Araucania for Ruca Multy yarn.
Blue test knit is: Allons-y! by Holly Daymude.
Red Test Knit, (secret knitting)
Kandahar Socks, from Socktopus by Alice Yu
Gingko Shoulderette Shawl, by Fragrant Heart Creations www.fragrantheart.com/blog
Cream Test Knit is Gilda Gloves by Belinda Harris-Reid. The pattern can be found at : www.ruthandbelinda.co.uk/belindagildagloves.html
They also sell yarns that are so soft like the Silky, rosewood needles of which I have a pair.
Scrumptious Test knit. (secret knitting)

Upcoming: I have caked the lace yarn ready to knit the Eis Prinzessin Shrug by Saphir Wings.

Spinning:
On my wheel: On the round, BFL in custom dye.
On my 0.875oz spindle from Tinas Angoras is the custom rolags from www.fondantfibre.tictail.com
On my 1oz rainbow stone spindle from Tinas Angoras is some dark blue Merino, I have spun some orange and some dark red Merino for Christmas this week towards the Advent Garland by Fankie Brown on Ravelry.

Deliveries:
Yarn vs Zombies, 100g Best ship in the Verse colourway, 40% Australian Alpaca, 60% Australian Ultrafine Merino.
Hanks in the Hood, 5oz Algae, Merino, Bamboo, Silk & Sparkle.
Slipped Stitch Studios, Exploding Tardis 2skein+ project bag,
Tangerine Designs, Stargate SG1 project bag.

Competition: 130g Rolags from www.fondantfibre.tictail.com , Thank you to Deborah who very kindly sent them to me as a prize for you lovely people. Also an Orifice Hook made by me. You can choose silver plated or copper wire with an assortment of 18 gem/pearls. Picture shown on competition thread on Ravely. Closing on Sunday 7th July at midnight GMT.

Alana Dakos, designer and podcaster of Never Not Knitting. I chat about her book Botanical Knits and How much I am looking forward to the Botanical Knits 2 book she is working on!!!!!

Nails this week: Rimmel London 60seconds #843 Mignight Skinny Dip with Claires Accessories Nail Pearls in Peacock Green.

1 comment:

Please be honest but gently so...