Thursday 20 June 2013

Gulp!

Hi Everyone and welcome, I hope you enjoy this first episode.
 

 
sorry for sound it will improve :-)
FO's
Pimpelliese Shawl using fivemoons Selardi 4ply from www.fivemoons.co.uk
Sharon from fivemoons is running four sock yarn clubs, Sign ups are on the website.

Wips
Keiras Socks, which I amalgamated from several patterns.
My Firefly Nantucket Hat which was designed by Laura Linneman on www.ravelry.com using indigodragonfly MCN Worsted in the Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal. www.indigodragonfly.ca
I have been doing a couple of test knits which I will talk more about in July.

What to Finish?
#1 Ginko Shoulderette Shawl by Maggie Magali
#2 Sweetdreams by Boo Knits
Post in the 'Choose which way' thread on Ravelry.

Spinning
Ashford Traditional wheel: I am spinning some Blue Faced Leicester from www.ontheround.etsy.com or www.ontheround.com which Rachel Jones very kindly dyed for me. I love it.
Spindles My spindle this episode is a top whorl drop spindle from TinasAngoras on Etsy. At the moment it is some plain merino roving in various colours from www.needleworks-pleasure.com It will be used for Christmas!!!!
My Rolags were from www.fondantfibre.tictail.com which is where next weeks prize will come from.
To Cast On
Baby sock hat for my cousin-in-law new baby girl. using fivemoons and JL Alya,
Cutting Teeth Toque by Courtney Spainhower. for Keira using my handspun Gnomeacres in Unicorn Freckles Humbug BFL.
www.shop.gnomeacres.com

Competition ends Tuesday 25th June 2013 @ 12noon GMT approx. 2am New York Time
Prize: 3 fivemoons 20g minimoons
I will pm the winner for address and post within 48 hours of reply.
Next week spinning prize....
 

4 comments:

  1. I loved the episode and I can't wait for more! Thanks for sharing you life with us and I also can't wait to meet your 3 girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thoroughly enjoyed making it too. Keira wants to show her knitting to you all soon too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elly - we would love to see Keira and her knitting too! Can't wait for the next vidcast. Keep it up, my friend...
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great episode! It has to be one of the best "firsts" I've ever seen - you were very poised, organized and I love your sense of humor. Thanks so much for inviting me! Amy

    ReplyDelete

Please be honest but gently so...