Saturday 25 August 2012

Books.....

Hi there,
My health today is really bad so we'll leaveit at that!

For w hile now i've been thinking about writing a book, with anecdotes, stories and knitting patterns. I know how many patterns I want to include and how many pieces of writing or essays.
My head is spinng with so many ideas that if I don't write them all down i'll forget them and regret it always. So i've started that today too.

 For friends and Godparents to my daughters this year, my daughters have decided to make a story book. They've written the story and have been doing test photos. The idea is that they'll draw the chacters they want to use in their story and i then knit or sew the characters for them. (challenging!!!) They then position the characters for each scene and take a picture, these will then be edited by them on the computer for facial expressions etc. They will then combine the pictures and story to make a book which I said I would pay to get printed for them as peoples Christmas gifts. All very exciting and very pleasingly creative on their part. Proud mummy moment indeed.

I only have to find one more pattern for Christmas gifts. I have all the patterns (36 i think) labelled up in a plastic sleeve folder with the yarn type being used for each gift, I find it soothing knowing i can just flip through and see all the gifts waiting to be knitted or have started knitting already. It gives me a sense of being organised in one area while my health is so appalling. Some are amazing fun projects like a fairy i'm knitting for my youngest daughter Niamh in white and a green version for her best friend. Then the large projects like a simple jumper for Dave, to a secret project i've designed for him aswell. It will totally rock his inner geek and having shown his friends the design, withtheir approval i just need 2 colours left to purchase and it's a green light. Some of the patterns are ones that I've designed from scratch and will eventually either put in my book or sell on Ravelry. (once i know how)

Having completed Niamhs Fluffy jumper (one of my patterns) and Keiras King Cole Galaxy Bolero, I figured i should complete something for my eldest daughter Kimberly. So I'm doing her vest top. My own pattern (very simple) but using Rico Design Creative Micro DK.

 I've done the back and I'm halfway up the front. I reckon it should be done by monday if i don't get distracted by one of my other ongoing multiple projects. Which as any other knitter reading this knows, it will be a great feat if i resist.

I also have to start knitting baby things after Christmas because a mum we know is expecting her second child and i feel every baby should have at least one hand knitted piece as a show of love and well wishing for their future shown by the time it takes to make instead of buy.
Back soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be honest but gently so...