Sunday 17 February 2013

Smallness and bigness

So, last night Niamh my youngest daughter asked me for a new wand. After talking about it she settled on a flower wand and chose the yarns from my collection of fivemoons mini skeins. Purple multi and pink sparkle multi. Well I used the star pattern that I used to make my mother-in-laws scarf from vogue knitting 25th anniversary issue. I created this with pink lined blue beads and she loves it.

I also finished my Golden Xale shawl I started last november for a lap but put it away until a couple of days ago. Cast off this evening and it's now blocking. It's made using James C Brett Moonlight Sonata in the mixed gold. It measures 13" ish by 71.5" and I love it. I didn't stick to the pattern but I added about 600 silver lined clear beads and it looks great.

Have a lovely day wherever you are and do a little boogie to the radio x
Bye for now Elspeth x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be honest but gently so...