Friday 12 April 2013

Been delayed by life

So, I've not blogger for quite a while now I know. Sorry everyone, life just seems to have gotten in the way. Lots after good things and some bad too. In brief, I have been crazy knitting on both old ufos and current whips. I've finished a few projects and started a lot more oops!!! I have got both startitus and finish-it syndromes at once. Very discombobulating. I've joined yarn clubs and I'm on a fibre club waiting list. My sewing has slowed down to um sitting in my sewing cupboard hoping each day I will make something ha ha.
My health went right up and has since come back down a few steps too. Gah!!!
I have learnt to spin on a top whorl drop spindle and a spinning wheel. I also seem to have breed fibre. I love spinning and then knitting with the yarn I have spun. It feels very satisfying and slightly clever of me. I'm sure you all have had that feeling when you're trying a new skill and it suddenly clicks and you give yourself a pat on the back. Ditto with the spinning.
We had a nice Easter and my daughters go back to school on Monday after a very long two weeks off.
Today however, my youngest is at the beach with some friends and I am about to cast on Laura Nelkins Juego mystery kal. Have a great day everyone and I'll post lots of catch up photos soon.
Elspeth x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be honest but gently so...